Why Does Nephrotic Syndrome Cause Leg and Hand Cramping
Nephrotic Syndrome occurs when glomeruli are damaged, and it can cause a series of symptoms. Among them, leg and hand cramping is one common complaint. Why does Nephrotic Syndrome cause leg and hand cramping?
First, get an overview of Nephrotic Syndrome.
Nephrotic Syndrome is one group of clinical manifestations including a large amount of protein leakage, severe edema, high cholesterol level and hypoalbuminemia. To manage this kidney disease, steroids and immunosuppressants are used commonly, but they may also lead to some side effects. What’s worse, patients are more likely to suffer from relapse of Nephrotic Syndrome, or they are resistant to these medications.
Second, find out the causes of leg and hand cramping in Nephrotic Syndrome.
For people with this kidney disease, several conditions can lead to leg and hand cramping:
- Fatigue: When extra wastes and toxins build up the body, fatigue along with cramping may occur easily.
- Electrolyte imbalance: Diseased kidneys can’t do its work properly, so the levels of calcium, magnesium and some other minerals in the blood become abnormal. This is one reason for leg and hand discomfort.
- Poor blood circulation: Kidneys have a close link with blood circulation. If kidneys are damaged, blood circulation can’t work normally. Lack of blood and oxygen in some regions may cause cramping.
- Side effects of medications: Leg and hand cramping may be one side effect of cyclosporine and other immunosuppressants.
Finally, receive correct treatment.
Different causes need corresponding managements. Calcium and magnesium supplement, changing medications, medicated bath, acupuncture, etc, may be helpful. As for which one is suitable for you, we need to learn more about your case. Email your test report to email@example.com or leave a message below, so kidney experts here can help find out the root cause and the effective treatment timely.
- Why Is My Son Restlessness in Nephrotic Syndrome
- Reduce High Creatinine Caused by Nephrotic Syndrome in TCM Therapy
- The Use of Acupuncture and Moxibustion in CKD Stage 5
- How to Relieve Renal Pain in PKD Naturally
- Being a Happy Healthy Boy, My Dear
- Why Choose Acupuncture Therapy to Relieve Itchy Skin in ESRD