Lupus refers to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Healthy recipes can help reduce the complications of Lupus and slow down the progression of this disease, while mistaken diet plan may worsen patients’ illness condition.
Today, we are here to tell Lupus patients what foods to eat and avoid.
Foods to avoid in Lupus recipes
Lupus is one autoimmune disease that can cause damage to many other organs. Kidneys, skin and heart are organs most commonly attacked by Lupus. Thereby, the following foods which may aggravate patients’ condition should be avoided.
- Spicy foods: Lupus patients should stay away from these foods strictly, because garlic, chillies and other spicy foods can induce or worsen their medical condition.
- Parsley and celery: Long-term consumption of celery will cause light irritation. For people with Lupus, they usually have rash or other skin problems, so they had better not eat these vegetables.
- Seafood: After eating seafood, some Lupus patients will experience allergic reaction.
Foods to appear in Lupus recipes
Since the onset of Lupus is due to immune disorder, some foods that can help regulate immune system or alleviate Lupus symptoms are good.
- Foods have antioxidant property: Vitamin C and flavonoid are common antioxidant substances that can boost patients’ immune system. In view of this, people with Lupus can eat relatively more cranberry, kiwi fruit, lemon, etc.
- Foods contain high-quality protein: These foods can help improve patients’ immunity. For example, milk contains a large amount of antibodies, so drinking milk regularly is good for Lupus patients unless they have kidney insufficiency.
- Vitamin-containing foods: Generally speaking, vegetables and fruits are rich in vitamins. However, not all vegetables or fruits are good for these patients.
From the above content, we have known the basic dietary requirements for Lupus recipes. If you want to get personalized advice or food list in detail, you can send email to email@example.com or leave a message below.