For Kidney Failure patients,the diet is different before and after dialysis. In order to avoid the risk of dialysis,keeping a healthy diet is important for patients’ disease condition. Here the article offers several advices about the healthy diet fir patients who are taking Kidney Dialysis. ONLINE DOCTOR will help you get more details directly and quickly for free.
Hyperkalemia refers to the condition in which the concentration of the electrolyte potassium (K+) in the blood is elevated. For patients with Kidney Failure,damaged kidneys can not excrete the excess potassium ion,causing the hyperkalemia. So it is necessary for dialysis patients to pay more attention to their homeostasis that may cause death.
The main suggests about kidney disease are as follows:
1. A low or thin sodium salt,and saltless soy sauce is not good for patients. Because all of these foods contain high content of potassium.
2. Potassium is easily soluble in water. So when you boil the vegetables,you can cut firstly and soak 30 minutes in water. Then change the water and boil it for more than 5mins. At last,to cook it,which can reduce the content of potassium.
3. Some fruits that contains more potassium is not good for the Kidney Failure patients who are taking dialysis. Such as Hami melon,peach,kiwi fruit,banana,tangerine,mango,persimmon,jujube,guava,and so on.
4. Besides,some foods that contain low potassium are beneficial for patients. Like,pineapple, wax apple, watermelon, dragon fruit, cherry tomato, pear, Thailand guava, white grapefruit and lemon, apple,etc.
5. Drink less coffee,tea,sports drink,fruit juice cocoa due to the high content in these.
6. Less soup,for example,chicken soup,broth,dashi and so on.
7. Drying vegetables should also be eaten less. Like mushroom dry,dried fish and so n.
8. Besides,some special foods should also pay more attention. Like carambola,fig,prunes, dried jujube, dried apricots, nuts, lettuce salad.
We can help you more,but we need more detailed disease condition about our disease. Leave message on below or Email to email@example.com with your detailed disease condition,we are glad to offer you more professional guidance as soon as possible for free.