If you have diseases causing heart failure or hospitalization due to heart failure, you should pay attention to the following points:
1. Rest is an important measure to reduce heart load. We should arrange life, work and rest according to the illness. Ensure proper mental rest and adequate sleep. If necessary, take some sleeping pills under the guidance of a doctor. If the heart function is improved, it will prevent the formation of venous thrombosis.
2. Appropriate control of sodium intake, general sodium salt (salt, soy sauce, yellow sauce, pickles, etc.) can be limited to less than 5 grams a day, serious illness is limited to no more than 3 grams a day. Proper restriction of sodium intake can reduce fluid retention and reduce the burden of the heart.
3. Eat a light diet, mainly easy to digest food, eat less meals, some eggs, lean meat and fish, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and crude fiber food, keep the stool unobstructed.
4. Learn to record daily intake and outflow, in the acute phase more than intake, the basic balance of intake and outflow, is conducive to preventing or controlling heart failure.
Output: Daily total urine, stool, drainage, breathing and skin evaporation added about 600-800 ml.
Intake: diet, drinking water, fruit, infusion, etc. the total daily intake is about 1500~2000 milliliters.
5. Keep weight daily. If there is a rapid increase in body weight within 1~2 days, we should consider whether there is water retention and increase the dosage of diuretics. After the application of diuretics, urine volume increased significantly, edema subsided, weight loss to normal, at this time the weight is also called dry weight.
6. Patients with heart failure first presented with edema of the lower extremities or sacrococcyx. Attention should be paid to skin care to avoid prolonged oppression. When the hot water bag is applied, the water temperature should not exceed 50 degrees, and skin changes should be observed to avoid scalding.
7. Long-term use of diuretics, should be interval potassium, chlorine drugs, to maintain the balance of electrolytes (potassium, sodium, chlorine, etc.). If there is loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc., check the electrolyte in the hospital.
8. Take digitalis drugs (digoxin, etc.), to strictly observe the doctor's orders, can not add or reduce their own, and regularly monitor the concentration of digitalis to prevent digitalis poisoning. If anorexia, nausea, vomiting, yellow or green vision, blurred vision and other phenomena, should be promptly to the hospital for re-examination.
9. Exercise to prevent colds, add or subtract clothes and use some preventive drugs to avoid infection when heart function permits.
10. Patients with acute heart failure should immediately take a semi sitting position and lower their lower limbs to reduce the amount of blood returned to the heart. Try to keep calm, take a deep breath, give oxygen inhalation when conditions permit, and use some diuretics. Patients should avoid all activities, contact the hospital as soon as possible, and send them to the hospital in time.
If you want to know more information, please leave a message below or send the medical reports to us. We will try our best to help you.
WhatsApp/Viber: +86 13503211882