People with stage 3 chronic kidney failure, or stage 3 renal failure, have moderate kidney damage. In this stage, kidneys can still work by themselves but not so efficiently. Figuring out symptoms, treatments and diet of stage 3 kidney failure can guide patients to manage their illness condition effectively.
Since chronic kidney failure is one progressive disease, it usually doesn’t cause symptoms and discomforts in the early stage. However, once it aggravates into stage 3, a series of symptoms will present.
- Feeling tired or fatigue all the times
- Swelling in legs, feet, hands, face or around eyes
- Changes in urine including foamy urine and blood urine
- Kidney pain in some types of kidney disorders such as PKD, IgA Nephropathy and FSGS
- Skin itching or dry skin
- Muscle cramps or restless legs
- Sleep problems
In stage 3 chronic kidney failure, a part of kidney inherent cells are still working very well, so it is possible to reverse patients’ kidney damage and improve their overall health. The treatments usually start from right diet and correct lifestyle modifications. (These aspects can be founding in the following content.) Now, we would like to firstly introduce several effective medical therapies.
1. Western medicine: To ease patients’ various symptoms, various western medicines, such as steroids, painkillers, anti-hypertensive medications and immunosuppressants, are taken. However, their side effects are typically obvious and they can’t reverse stage 3 chronic kidney failure from the root.
2. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): With a history of 5,000 years, TCM has been used to treat various diseases, especially chronic disorders. Compared with steroids, immunosuppressants or other western medications, TCM aims to regulate patients’ inner body system and protect kidney inherent cells. However, because Chinese medicines need relatively longer time to work, so many patients refuse to accept this therapy.
3. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy: As a combination of western medicine and TCM, it absorbs their advantages. On one hand, this therapy can ease patients’ symptoms quickly. On other hand, it can help repair damaged kidney cells and reverse patients’ illness condition.
4. CIK cells interleukin: These stem cells can help prompt the regeneration of damaged kidney cells, so they may achieve to rebuild kidney structure and improve patients’ kidney function largely.
Individuals with stage 3 kidney failure have a great difference in choosing their treatments. Leave a message here or to firstname.lastname@example.org, so kidney experts here can give you some personalized suggestions.
Since the detailed diet should depend on patients’ illness condition, today, we can only give some general advices to help patients have a preliminary understanding about their diet.
- A low-sodium diet ranges from 1,000 to 4,000 mg per day
- A low-protein diet that recommends patients to take in about 0.8mg of protein one daily
- Diet high in dietary fiber and unsaturated fatty acid
- Correct amount of potassium and phosphorus intake