As we all know, kidney failure patients have many diet restriction and they cannot enjoy whatever they like. Turmeric has been used in both Ayuvedic and Chinese medicine, which turns out to be a good thing for health. Is turmeric safe to take for people with Kidney Failure?
1. Almost all the kidney failure is caused by inflammation. Turmeric is a potent natural anti-inflammatory substance that works as well as anti-inflammatory drugs but without side effects.
2. Turmeric contains powerful antioxidants, which neutralize the free radicals and reduce some of the damage they can cause. So eating turmeric helps stimulate the body’s immune system and keeps you away from aliments, such as cold and flu.
3. Cardiovascular disease is a problem that troubles many kidney failure patients. Using turmeric as a food seasoning can reduce serum cholesterol levels, which can prevent many cardiovascular disease.
4. Both kidney and liver have the function of detoxification. Turmeric is believed to increase production of enzymes in the liver and invigorate and improve blood circulation, which can support good liver health and reduce the burden on the kidneys.
5. Turmeric is also helpful for people with kidney failure and diabetes. It is said that antioxidant agents in turmeric help reduce insulin resistance, which may help reduce sugar level.
However, just one table spoon of turmeric has 6 mg of phosphorus and 56 mg of potassium. If your phosphorus and potassium level is above the normal level, you may have to restrict the intake of turmeric. Besides, turmeric might slow blood clotting, so taking turmeric along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising of bleeding.
Diet plays an important role in slowing down the progression of kidney failure. Therefore, you should pay attention to it. You can contact our online doctor for more information about the renal-friendly diet.