IgA Nephropathy is one kidney disorder in which IgA builds up in kidneys and interferes with kidney function. If you have IgA Nephropathy, the inflammation in kidneys may cause a series of symptoms. Among them, sleep disturbances are common. Do you have sleep disturbances with IgA Nephropathy?
If yes, do you know the causes of sleep disturbances in IgAN?
Firstly, know you are not alone. Many other people with IgA Nephropathy also have trouble falling into sleep or staying asleep. Generally, several conditions can disturb your sleep.
● Renal anemia: Anemia has been associated with poor sleep quality for kidney disease patients.
● The deposits of uremic toxins: Too much urea, creatinine, uric acid and some other uremic toxins accumulate in the blood that can shorten the life span of red blood cells and trigger fatigue. Finally, this causes sleep problems easily.
● Restless leg syndrome: Some IgA Nephropathy patients wake up in the middle of the night for an uneasy feeling in their legs, including itching, cramps, pain, etc. This can reveal the onset of restless leg syndrome.
● Stress, worry or anxiety: IgA Nephropathy progresses slowly that can cause mental problems easily. If you have big stress, worry or anxiety, they may affect your sleep obviously.
Then, you can try some remedies to manage your sleep disturbances.
Today, we will give out a few natural remedes that can help improve your sleep quality. (If you want to get more information or some treatments to reverse your kidney damage, you can leave a message below or send email to email@example.com.)
● If you have a habit of drinking a cup of tea or coffee, try to modify it.
● Try Foot Bath: The biggest effects of food bath is to remove fatigue and improve our blood circulation. Take foot bath before sleeping that can help you have a good night.
● Do some gentle exercise: This is good to reduce stress and maintain mental balance. Yoga, walking, jogging, etc, are good choices.
● Changes in your sleep pattern: Fall asleep earlier than normal bedtime or nap during the daytime. Both of them can cause difficult sleeping. From this point, it is necessary to modify your sleep pattern.