IgA Nephropathy is one common type of glomerulonephritis in many parts of the whole worlds. Communicating with IgA Nephropathy patients, you can find most of them have lived with this disease for a long time. However, this doesn’t mean IgA Nephropathy prognosis is very good. Today, you can get an overview of IgA Nephropathy prognosis.
Individuals with IgA Nephropathy have a great difference on prognosis. In some cases, patients can live with this kidney disease just like general population, while some other patients are tormented by IgA Nephropathy recurrence even after kidney transplant. If you happen to have IgA Nephropathy and the following conditions, you may have a bad IgA Nephropathy prognosis:
- Elderly age
- Persistent microscopic hematuria along with proteinuria
- Renal deficiency
- High blood pressure to control difficultly
- Pathological type is III or more severe.
How to improve IgA Nephropathy prognosis?
To achieve this goal, some medications are needed to prevent IgA Nephropathy from worsening and protect remaining kidney function. Steroids, immunosuppressants, Immunotherapy and Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy are used by different patients. With doctors’ guidance, you can choose one suitable treatment.
To improve IgA Nephropathy, home remedies and diet are as important as medical treatments. From this point, we give out several suggestions:
- Have more rest and avoid strenuous exercise
- Don’t go to public places and reduce the chance of infections
- Limit the intake of sodium and protein
- Choose high-quality protein
- Eat more vegetables and fruits to eat
- Try to quit alcohol and smoking
- Pay more attention to skin care
Here, we are unable to give you personalized suggestions, as patients’ illness condition is usually quite different from others. If you want to get individual suggestions for diet and lifestyle, you can email your test report or describing your illness condition to firstname.lastname@example.org.