For patients with high blood pressure, they may not realize they have Hypertensive Nephropathy until they find swelling of the feet and ankles, facial puffiness, accumulation of fluid in the abdomen and rapid weight gain. Edema is often the first symptoms to tell you there is something wrong with your kidneys. How to deal with swelling for Hypertensive Nephropathy Patients? Here are some of my opinions, if you have other question about Hypertensive Nephropathy, please contact our online experts.
What causes swelling for Hypertensive Nephropathy Patients
Generally speaking, the main reason of swelling for Hypertensive Nephropathy patients is the damaged kidneys. Kidneys have the function of discharging the toxins, wastes and excess fluid out of body, while retain the protein and blood cells. Exposure to the high pressure for a long time, kidneys will gradually damage, as a result, a lot of protein leak out of the blood vessels. The plasma colloid osmotic pressure will decline due to the loss of protein, so the fluid flows into the tissue space, leading to edema. Besides, retention of fluid and sodium also gives rise to edema.
How to deal with swelling for Hypertensive Nephropathy patients
1. Because protein loses from the blood, proper supplement of protein is necessary. But high quality protein is preferred, for it produces less wastes.
2. Because kidney can not remove fluid and sodium properly, we should restrict the intake of fluid and sodium.
3. When there are severe edema, diuretics may be prescribed to promote the fluid excretion from body.
4. Acupuncture is also valid on edema. Fluid and sodium retention will alleviate with the dredging of channels.
5. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy proves to be an effective therapy for kidney disease. It can repair the damaged kidneys. Once the kidneys recover, it will regulate the balance of sodium and fluid in the body.
To treat the edema effectively, you should accept the correct treatment. And the earlier you receive treatment, the sooner you will get rid of this disease.