Capsicum is also known as bell pepper. It can not only be used as cook ingredients, but also medicine. Is capsicum good for high creatinine level in kidneys? The answer may be found in the following.
1. Capsicum is high in vitamins, which help neutralize the free radicals responsible for damaging tissue and cells, naturally building a good immune system. This can protect you from cold, flu and other aliments.
2. Kidney pain is common among kidney patients. Capsaicin in capsicum blocks transmission of pain, so it can help relieve pain to a certain degree.
3. Many kidney patients complain about anemia. Vitamin C in capsicum is essential for the proper absorption of iron. Vitamin A in it is also vital for red blood cell production. Therefore, proper consumption of capsicum can ease anemia.
4. Kidney impairment causes wastes and toxins building up in the blood. Capsicum has detoxifying properties. This help in clearing out the congested mucus membranes in the nose and lungs and eliminate toxins through sweating.
5. Cardiovascular disease is the main cause of death for kidney patients. Capsicum helps reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure, reducing the risk of such disease.
6. Capsicum is also a good source of vitamin B6, a natural diuretic, which helps to reduce swelling and prevents hypertension.
7. Regular consumption of capsicum is beneficial for those suffering from diabetes, which is a common cause of kidney disease.
Creatinine is an indicator of kidney disease. Since capsicum has so many health benefits for kidney, once the kidney function improves, high creatinine level declines. However, it contains high potassium, too much of which may make you weak and abnormal heart rhythm. If you have any doubt about your food, you can leave a message or send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our nephrologists will make an individualized diet plan according to your medical condition.