Elevated creatinine level in the blood is usually a sign of either kidney disorder or unhealthy lifestyle. Here, some foods with the property of reducing high creatinine level are great remedies. For people who are experiencing this problem, they must want to know what food are good to reduce creatinine in blood. Read on to find the answer by yourself.
Extra creatinine in the blood
If you are experiencing this problem, you must have learned how creatinine forms and how it is discharged out of the body from your family doctor. Indeed, creatinine is generated from creatine during muscle metabolism and kidneys are in charge of eliminating waste products from the body. Therefore, to lower high creatinine level in the blood, foods which can reduce the creatinine formation or decline the burden on kidneys are helpful.
Food good to reduce creatinine
Vegetables, fruits, grains and meat are four essential types of food in our daily life. Therefore, today, we are here to teach you how to develop a scientific diet from these four aspects.
1. Vegetables: Some vegetables, such as cabbage and yellow squash, supply our body with powerful antioxidants so that they can help support a healthy immune system and improve kidney function. Meanwhile, some others have the property of diuretics, so they are able to increase the creatinine excretion. Cucumber and bitter gourd are good choices for patients with normal potassium level.
2. Fruits: Just like vegetables, a lot of fruits can also help reduce creatinine level, through boosting kidney function or increasing creatinine excretion. For example, blueberries, cranberries, kiwi fruit, lemon, etc, just have these effects.
3. Grains: Several types of grains like flaxseed contain rich omega-3 fatty acid, which is one great unsaturated fatty acid for improving kidney function and lowering creatinine level. Try out whether it is suitable for you.
4. Meat: Most of meat has some creatine. If you eat too much meat, extra creatine intake may overtax your kidneys and aggravate creatinine level. Therefore, you should pay attention to the amount of meat intake.
To get a food list for reducing creatinine level, you can leave a message below to consult the online doctor.
Besides, diet to lower creatinine should have the following features
- Low-protein diet but correct amount of high-quality protein
- Low-sodium diet
- Enough vitamins and calorie
- Manage the intake of potassium
- Manage the intake of phosphorus.