What Is Disease When Creatinine Levels Are High
Serum creatinine is one blood test item commonly done in the lab. Once it is tested higher than the normal, it may reveal some diseases. What is disease when creatinine level in blood is high?
Serum creatinine level
Creatinine, one muscle metabolism waste product, is introduced into bloodstream and discharged into the urine by kidneys. In the normal circumstance, serum creatinine level ranges from 0.5 mg/dl to 0.6mg/dl, because the extent of muscle metabolism doesn’t change too much from person to person. However, serum creatinine level does float along with people’ age, gender, weight, etc.
What disease do you have if your creatinine level is high?
Generally speaking, high creatinine level indicates a decline of kidney function. Diseased kidneys can’t filter out waste products including creatinine efficiently, thus leading to the increase of serum creatinine level easily. Besides, some other conditions can also cause this problem.
- Severe dehydration: This can cause less blood to flow through kidney filters.
- Life-threatening infections: Urinary tract infections, intestinal infections and some other infections can damage kidneys, so as to raise creatinine level in the blood.
- Long-term hematuria or proteinuria: People with these symptoms are more likely to have elevated creatinine level.
- Chronic hypertension: This is another common cause.
- Over tiredness or doing strenuous exercise: Since creatinine is produced from muscle metabolism, this condition can lead to more formation of creatinine.
How to deal with high creatinine level?
Since all of the above conditions can lead to abnormal creatinine level, the treatment should begin with corresponding causes. The basic purposes of medical therapies are to increase the excretion of creatinine but reduce its formation. Therefore, it is necessary to improve kidney filtration function and limit the intake of meat.
The personalized advice should depend on patients’ illness condition. If you want to know what medicines or foods can help lower your creatinine level, you can leave a message below or send email to email@example.com.
- Lupus Nephritis Patients Please Do not Expose to Sun
- What Effects the Prognosis of IgA Nephropathy
- The Points for Attention in post-operative Kidney Cyst
- Will PKD Relapses after Kidney Transplant
- How to Help PKD Patents Inhibit the Increasing Cysts
- Effects of Maikangheji in CKD Creatinine 5.0