What Is Disease When Creatinine Levels Are High
Serum creatinine is one blood test item commonly done in the lab. Once it is tested higher than the normal, it may reveal some diseases. What is disease when creatinine level in blood is high?
Serum creatinine level
Creatinine, one muscle metabolism waste product, is introduced into bloodstream and discharged into the urine by kidneys. In the normal circumstance, serum creatinine level ranges from 0.5 mg/dl to 0.6mg/dl, because the extent of muscle metabolism doesn’t change too much from person to person. However, serum creatinine level does float along with people’ age, gender, weight, etc.
What disease do you have if your creatinine level is high?
Generally speaking, high creatinine level indicates a decline of kidney function. Diseased kidneys can’t filter out waste products including creatinine efficiently, thus leading to the increase of serum creatinine level easily. Besides, some other conditions can also cause this problem.
- Severe dehydration: This can cause less blood to flow through kidney filters.
- Life-threatening infections: Urinary tract infections, intestinal infections and some other infections can damage kidneys, so as to raise creatinine level in the blood.
- Long-term hematuria or proteinuria: People with these symptoms are more likely to have elevated creatinine level.
- Chronic hypertension: This is another common cause.
- Over tiredness or doing strenuous exercise: Since creatinine is produced from muscle metabolism, this condition can lead to more formation of creatinine.
How to deal with high creatinine level?
Since all of the above conditions can lead to abnormal creatinine level, the treatment should begin with corresponding causes. The basic purposes of medical therapies are to increase the excretion of creatinine but reduce its formation. Therefore, it is necessary to improve kidney filtration function and limit the intake of meat.
The personalized advice should depend on patients’ illness condition. If you want to know what medicines or foods can help lower your creatinine level, you can leave a message below or send email to email@example.com.
What else you want to know:
How can I get this treatment?
How can I get this treatment in my countries?
How much does this treatment cost?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital?
What should I prepare to your hospital except visa?
How can I go to your hospital?
- Toxin-Removing Therapy Reduces Creatinine 557 Other Than Dialysis
- Can Traditional Chinese Medicine Treat Kidney Failure Stage 5
- What Are the Causes and Natural Treatment of Kidney Swelling
- Can High Creatinine 1084 in Kidney Failure Be Reduced Effectively
- Can Kidney Failure with Creatinine 11.0 Avoid Dialysis
- Will Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy Help Kidney Failure on Dialysis