Compared with low blood pressure and skin itching, mental confusion isn’t so common in dialysis, but some patients on dialysis do have this complaint. Since it affects patients’ life quality, it is a must to find out causes and treatment of confusion in dialysis.
Why does dialysis cause mental confusion?
For dialysis patients, three reasons as follow may lead to mental confusion.
- Inadequate dialysis: Inadequate dialysis describes dialysis unable to filter out extra fluid, toxins and wastes effectively.
- Air embolism: This occurs when air comes into extracorpeal system to stop blood circulation.
- Build up of waste products and uremic toxins: Even though dialysis can replace damaged kidneys to work, it is unable to work as efficiently as healthy kidneys. Uremic toxins build up in the blood that can cause damage to nervous system and cause mental confusion.
How to treat confusion for dialysis patients?
In view of this, mental confusion is indeed on complication of dialysis and low kidney function level. Therefore, some treatments that can help reduce the frequency of dialysis treatments or repair damaged kidney cells are needed. Here, there are three treatment options, and you can choose best treatment with the help of kidney experts here through emailing to email@example.com.
1. Polluted Blood Therapy: Compared with dialysis, this remedy can not only cleanse blood and internal environment but also normalize blood circulation. It can reduce side effects and complications of dialysis, so it is able to prevent or help treat confusion.
2. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy: As one brand new innovation of TCM, this therapy has an superiority on protecting remaining kidney functioning tissues and repairing damaged but not necrotic cells. Therefore, it can help increase kidney function level and improve patients’ overall health condition.
3. Stem Cell Therapy: Compared with the above treatments, this therapy aims at repairing necrotic cells by regenerating new and healthy cells to replace necrotic cells for working. Therefore, this therapy is given to rebuild kidney structure. If successfully, kidney patients can get rid of dialysis completely.