Moringa for Dialysis Patients
Is moringa good for dialysis patients? Generally speaking, kidney failure patients are recommended to begin dialysis, when their kidney function is less than 15%. Dialysis is one kidney replacement therapy that also requires kidney patients to develop a restricted diet plan. Can they consume moringa?
It is difficult to answer, as individuals on dialysis have different illness condition. Therefore, moringa’s property and patients’ illness condition determine the answer.
1. Moringa and kidney damage
Compared with other kidney failure patients, dialysis patients can increase the intake of some nutritions such as protein and potassium to some extent. However, they also need to follow a restricted diet. Moringa, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, calcium and protein, is one common antioxidant that seems to help dialysis patients protect their renal cells from damage. With this property, moringa is also good to prevent infections and boost patients’ immune system.
2. Moringa and blood pressure
Moringa leaves are often used to maintain blood pressure, because they contain bio active compounds that have direct effect on lowering blood pressure. For people with end stage kidney disease, high blood pressure is always their one big concern. However, once their begin dialysis, low blood pressure may appear in which moringa should be avoided.
3. Moringa and protein supplement
Moringa is one great source of protein and amino acid. Also, the amino acids in moringa are essential for our body, so they won’t increase the burden on kidneys. From this point, this herb is one good protein supplement for dialysis patients.
4. Moringa and potassium
Even though dialysis can replace damaged kidneys to maintain patients’ life, it is unable to work as effectively as healthy kidneys. Dialysis, especially hemodialysis, can’t remove extra potassium efficiently, so patients still need to control the intake of potassium.
From the above analysis, we can know moringa is indeed good for most dialysis patients. However, the safe amount is very important. Besides, it is critical to avoid eating its root and extracts, because these parts may contain a toxic substance.
- What Treatment is Better Than Dialysis to Reduce Creatinine 7.5
- How Can Kidney Failure Patients Reduce Creatinine 260 and Swelling on Ankles
- How to Treat for Kidney Failure Patients Who Refuse Dialysis
- What Medicine and Treatment Should Diabetes and Stage 3 CKD Patients Take
- How to Help Kidney Failure Patients Reduce Creatinine 463 and Avoid Dialysis
- How Does Chinese Medicine Treatment Treat for Kidney Failure Patients with High Creatinine Level in a Safe Way