People with Diabetic Nephropathy have an increased risk of developing high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism, while these two problems, in turn, can also aggravate Diabetic Nephropathy. From this point, if you are suffering from high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism associated with diabetic kidney disease, try to find out the causes and treatments.
The link of these three problems
Diabetic Nephropathy is one condition that high blood glucose damages kidneys’ filtering system. When kidneys can’t maintain fluid and sodium retention and produce enough hormone, high blood pressure will result. In addition, the prevalency of hyperthyroidism rises along with the onset of Diabetic Nephropathy. If high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism untreated, diabetic nephropathy can become much harder.
How to manage high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism for Diabetic Nephropathy?
Diet modifications, quiting unhealthy lifestyle and correct medical therapies are able to help manage these problems and slow the progression of Diabetic Nephropathy.
1. Diet modifications: Restricted sodium intake is the basic requirement for people with high blood pressure, and a low-sodium diet usually ranges from 1,000mg to 4,000mg per day. In addition, patients with the above three problems should also pay attention to:
- Develop a low-sugar or even sugar-free diet
- Avoid spicy foods and condiments
- Don’t eat foods with high iodine such as kelp, laver and jelly fish
- Limit the intake of dietary fiber correctly
2. Quite unhealthy lifestyles: Some unhealthy lifestyle may worsen these patients’ problem, so they are recommended to give up the following habits:
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine-containing drinks
- Strenuous exercise
- Eating quick meals regularly
3. Correct medical therapies: Since high blood sugar is the root cause of all these problems, the medical treatment should start from lowering high blood sugar. With a history of 5000 years, Traditional Chinese Medicine can help regulate prompt the decomposition and use of sugar and stimulate the regeneration of damaged pancreatic cells. In addition, TCM can also help regular blood circulation with few side effects. To develop a detailed treatment plan, you had better send your medical case to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message below to us.