Most kinds of kidney disease progresses slowly, so patients usually have chance to reverse their kidney damage and improve their medical condition. Besides medical therapy, some foods are also able to repair kidneys. Today, find out list of foods to help repair kidneys by yourself.
These foods should be selected by some principles
Kidney disease often occurs and progresses along with low immune system, damage to kidney filters and build up of harmful substances and fluid. From this point, the basic dietary requirements for kidney disease patients include several aspects, such as:
- Low-protein diet with correct amount of high-quality protein
- Low-salt diet
- Choose foods with antioxidant properties
- Increase calorie intake rightly
- Control the intake of potassium and phosphorus
- Select foods that contain unsaturated fatty acid
The above content shows some foods are eaten to reduce the burden on kidneys, while some other foods are given to improve kidney function and repair damaged kidneys.
A list of foods to repair kidneys
Since kidneys are usually due to inflammatory reaction or other problems, today, we are here to introduce two kinds of foods that have this benefit. (If you want to get a food list in detail, we can provide it for you through email. Our email address is email@example.com.)
1. Foods with antioxidant properties: Vitamin C and flavonoid are common antioxidants, while red bell pepper, cabbage, berries and many other foods just contain these nutritions. Therefore, you can consume their in correct amount.
2. Foods contain unsaturated fatty acid: Fish oil, olive oil and flaxseed just contain omega-3 fatty acid that can help prevent inflammatory reactions within kidneys and help repair damaged kidneys. From this point, patients with IgA Nephropathy, Lupus Nephritis and some other diseases due to autoimmune disorders had better use these foods in their daily life.