The Best Diet for Renal Parenchymal Disease Patients
Renal parenchymal disease refers to disease appearing in kidney functioning tissues. For patients with this disease, a healthy diet can help slow the progress of their condition. Well, what is the best diet for renal parenchymal disease?
First of all, learn more about what is renal parenchymal disease.
Renal parenchyma consists of renal cortex and renal medulla. Within renal cortex, there are about one million of nephrons, which contain glomeruli and renal tubules. Healthy glomeruli can renal tubules can guarantee the proper work of kidneys. Therefore, renal parenchymal disease can affect kidney function directly.
Diet advices for people with this disease
The basic dietary requirement is to reduce the burden on kidneys. For this reason, if you are diagnosed with renal parenchymal disease, you have to develop a diet with:
● Low protein: Extra protein intake can produce too many waste products, so kidneys need to work harder to remove these wastes. Finally, this can causes further kidney damage.
● Low sodium: Low-sodium diets usually range from 1,000 to 4,000 mg, according to individual requirements. People with renal parenchymal disease had better avoid salty condiments, bacon, canned foods, processed foods, etc.
● Enough vitamin: When kidneys can’t work properly, patients are more likely to lack of water soluble vitamins such as vitamin B and C. Therefore, they should pay attention to the intake of these vitamins.
● Correct amount of potassium: In most cases, people with renal parenchymal disease don’t need to restrict the intake of potassium before end stage kidney disease.
● Correct amount of phosphorus: Just like potassium, patients should notice the intake of phosphorus, with the progress of their illness condition.
● More calorie: With low-protein diet, high calorie can make patients get enough energy to do their work or study properly.
Now, I believe you have known how to make a best diet for renal parenchymal disease patients preliminarily. To get personalized or more detailed suggestions, leave a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or consult the online doctor. Either is OK.
- How to Relieve My Gout Caused by PKD Effectively
- How to Treat Proteinuria for Patients Kidney Transplant
- Better Treatments for CKD Patients with Creatinine 5.4
- Available Treatments for Kidney Failure aside from Dialysis
- Available Herbal Medicine in Controlling High Creatinine
- There Is Top Treatment for Patients with Creatinine 4.9