Marshmallow is a kind of plant whose leaves and root can be used to make medicine. Is marshmallow tea good for kidneys? In the following, there are some health benefits of drinking marshmallow tea. And then you may come to a conclusion by yourselves.
1. Marshmallow contains polysaccharides that have antitussive, mucilaginous, and antibacterial properties. It works as an anti-inflammatory agent. Drinking marshmallow is helpful for alleviating inflammatory response in the kidney.
2. Marshmallow is also believed to boost the immune system. It increases white blood cells, which can protect you from aliments, such as cold and infection.
3. Marshmallow is sooting to gastrointestinal tissues as well as bronchi and urinary tract tissues.
4. Kidney failure may cause constipation. The mucilage in marshmallow root can promote bowel movements and loosen stools.
5. It has also been used for reduction of high blood sugar levels, which decreases your risk of developing Diabetic Nephropathy.
6. It may also ease some of your symptoms, such as diarrhea, dry cough, vomiting and so on.
However, marshmallow may interact with blood-sugar-lowering agents. If your kidney disease is caused by diabetes, you need to be very careful when taking it. And always ask your doctor if it is alright to drink this tea if you are taking any medications whatsoever.
Do you reach the conclusion? If not, please go on reading.
Generally speaking, drinking marshmallow tea is good for kidney, but please pay attention to the dose, which depends on several factors such as age, health, and several other conditions. In China, there is an old saying, that is, too much is as bad as too little. If you have any other questions about what you drink and eat, please contact our online doctors. If you want an individualized diet plan, you can also contact us. We are very glad to help you.