Is Peanut Butter Bad for Kidneys
Peanut butter is really a delicious food that most people enjoy it. But for people with kidney disease, can they still enjoy it? Is peanut butter bad for kidneys? Now let’s have a look.
Lower blood pressure
Peanut butter is a great source of potassium. Potassium can counter the negative effects of sodium. As we all know, for people with kidney disease, their kidneys can not balance the electrolytes, resulting in sodium retention and high blood pressure. In the early stage of kidney disease, proper intake of peanut butter is beneficial for lowering blood pressure. But with the progression of kidney disease, your kidneys can not remove the potassium from your body and you should avoid it.
Control blood sugar
High blood sugar is bad for your kidney and ranks as the leading factor to cause kidney disease. The protein and fiber in peanut butter are both helpful for blood sugar control. So if you suffer from diabetes, eating peanut butter will stabilize your blood sugar and reduce the risk of kidney disease.
Cardiovascular disease always companies with kidney disease. Peanut butter is rich in monounsaturated fat, which has been linked with a decrease in the risk of heart disease. Fiber can reduce bad cholesterol levels. Besides, vitamin E in peanut butter is a powerful antioxidant that has been associated with lower levels of heart disease.
Peanut butter is high in calories. Both protein and healthy monounsaturated fats will give you the energy.
From the above, it seems that peanut butter is good for your kidney. But due to its rich minerals your should limit the intake . How much you can take should depend on your remaining kidney function. Leave us a message or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will get a personalized diet plan.
- What Treatment is Better Than Dialysis to Reduce Creatinine 7.5
- How Can Kidney Failure Patients Reduce Creatinine 260 and Swelling on Ankles
- How to Treat for Kidney Failure Patients Who Refuse Dialysis
- What Medicine and Treatment Should Diabetes and Stage 3 CKD Patients Take
- How to Help Kidney Failure Patients Reduce Creatinine 463 and Avoid Dialysis
- How Does Chinese Medicine Treatment Treat for Kidney Failure Patients with High Creatinine Level in a Safe Way