Are Red Bell Peppers Good for Kidney Disease Patients
Red bell peppers are high in flavor, so many people as well as kidney disease patients like to eat them very much. However, because of kidney problem, patients should pay highly attention to foods they eat. Well, are red bell peppers good for kidney disease patients?
What is the answer?
Fortunately, the answer is yes. This is because red bell peppers are not only low in potassium but also an excellent source of vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and carotenoid. All of these nutritions can help renal patients fight against their disease better. However, this doesn’t mean renal patients can consume red bell peppers without limitation. Determining correct amount of these vegetables to eat safely is quite necessary.
Other cautions about kidney-friendly diet
If you are suffering from kidney disease, you have to notice the intake of several substances.
1. Sodium: Because sodium can provoke or worsen hypertension and swelling, nearly all renal patients are required to develop a low-sodium diet, which ranges from 1,000mg to 4,000mg one daily.
2. Protein: Since kidneys are responsible for eliminating waste products out the body, extra protein can increase the workload on kidneys, while less protein intake may cause malnutrition. Therefore, making clear how much protein you can eat every day is very important.
3. Potassium: In the early stage of kidney disease, you are recommended to take in about 4,700mg of potassium every day. However, with the progress of your illness condition, the amount of potassium intake had better restrict to 1,500-2,700 mg.
4. Phosphorus: When kidneys can’t filter out phosphorus normally, a low-phosphorus diet is needed. For renal patients, 800-1,000mg of phosphorus is safe to take. Patients should limit the intake of high-phosphorus foods such as yogurt and seafood.
The above content has given the basic dietary suggestions for kidney disease patients. If you want to get a personalized diet plan, you can leave a message to us.
- What Treatment is Better Than Dialysis to Reduce Creatinine 7.5
- How Can Kidney Failure Patients Reduce Creatinine 260 and Swelling on Ankles
- How to Treat for Kidney Failure Patients Who Refuse Dialysis
- What Medicine and Treatment Should Diabetes and Stage 3 CKD Patients Take
- How to Help Kidney Failure Patients Reduce Creatinine 463 and Avoid Dialysis
- How Does Chinese Medicine Treatment Treat for Kidney Failure Patients with High Creatinine Level in a Safe Way