How Much Niacin Per Day Should I Consume With PKD
Doctor: Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is proven to be effective on managing Polycystic Kidney Disease. This is because SIRT1 in PKD patients’ gene determines the formation and growth of PKD renal cysts, while niacin can help inhibit the activity of SIRT1. Therefore, many PKD patients are recommended to consume vitamin B3.
In fact, this type of vitamin can also help body cells produce more energy, by prompting the body to use sugars and fatty acids, so it is able to help PKD patients fight against fatigue and regulate blood circulation.
However, this doesn’t mean the more, the better. Overdosage of niacin can cause skin flushing, especially in the face. This reaction usually occurs along with itching, headache and gastrointestinal distress. From this point, correct dosage of niacin is very important for PKD patients.
Generally, 14 to 20 mg/day supplement of niacin is recommended for PKD patients, but the accurate dosage changes from person to person. If you want to know how much niacin you can take every day, you can leave a message in the below form, so nephrologist here can help you find the answer.
- What is Top Treatment for Treating Kidney Diseases with Edema
- The Reasons and Treatment for PKD Patients with Hypertension
- The Top Threapy to Alleviate Edema for PKD Patients without Dialysis
- This Top Treatment may Help CKD Patients Not Use Dialysis
- Is There Any Characteristic Treatment for CKD Patients with Hypertension
- This Top Treatment is the Best Choice for CKD Stage 4 Patients