How Much Niacin Per Day Should I Consume With PKD
Doctor: Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is proven to be effective on managing Polycystic Kidney Disease. This is because SIRT1 in PKD patients’ gene determines the formation and growth of PKD renal cysts, while niacin can help inhibit the activity of SIRT1. Therefore, many PKD patients are recommended to consume vitamin B3.
In fact, this type of vitamin can also help body cells produce more energy, by prompting the body to use sugars and fatty acids, so it is able to help PKD patients fight against fatigue and regulate blood circulation.
However, this doesn’t mean the more, the better. Overdosage of niacin can cause skin flushing, especially in the face. This reaction usually occurs along with itching, headache and gastrointestinal distress. From this point, correct dosage of niacin is very important for PKD patients.
Generally, 14 to 20 mg/day supplement of niacin is recommended for PKD patients, but the accurate dosage changes from person to person. If you want to know how much niacin you can take every day, you can leave a message in the below form, so nephrologist here can help you find the answer.
- Natural Cure for Stage 3 CKD Patients with High Blood Pressure
- What to Do If the Kidney Failure Patients Going Through the Dialysis
- Chinese Medical Treatment of Itching in CKD Patients
- Latest Treatments to Prevent the Nephritis Worsen to the Kidney Failure
- How to Treat CKD Stage 4 with Micro-Chinese Medicines Osmotherapy
- Would CKD 4 Stage Be Improve with Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy